BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 28 February 2010

Burn My Dread

Dreamless dorm, ticking clock.
I walk away from the soundless room.
Windless night, moonlight melts.
My ghostly shadow to the lukewarm gloom.
Nightly dance of bleeding swords,
Reminds me that I still live.

I will burn my dread.
I once ran away from the god of fear,
And he chained me to despair.

Burn my dread.
I'll break the chain,
And run till I see the sunlight again.

I'll lift my face and run to the sunlight.

Voiceless town, tapping feet.
I clench my fist in pockets tight,
Far in mist a tower awaits.
Like a merciless tomb, devouring moonlight.

Clockwork maze, end unknown.
In frozen time a staircase stands,
Shadows crawl on bloodstained floor.
I rush straight ahead with a sword in hands.

Cold touch of my trembling gun,
I close my eyes to hear you breath.

I will burn my dread.
This time I'll grapple down that God of Fear.
And throw him into Hell's Fire.
I'll shrug the pain and run till I see the sunlight again.
Oh, I will run burning all regret and dread.
And I will face the sun with pride of the living.

0 comments: